Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The end of summer

Wow, I haven't done this since March???!!! I really wish I was one of those avid bloggers who updated almost daily with something great to say. Well, we all know that isn't the case! So where to begin(or should I say go back to)... We've had a nice summer. The kids and I took a trip to Iowa with my mom to see my little sister, her hubby, and little girl. We had a great time! The kids loved spending time in Iowa farmland and spending time with their little cousin. I don't have any pictures of this time because my mom is so great about taking tons of pictures and when I'm with her I get quite picture lazy! Both girls were able to be involved in this years VBS 'Saddle Ridge Ranch'. I lead music again this year, it was a blast. The girls helped me learn all the music before hand and even just the other day they were getting the cd out to "practice our VBS music"! Always one of my favorite parts of summer!
We finally were able to take a family vacation! I really think this was our first official one since, well, probably since we've even been married! We've just never really taken the time to go somewhere. I've taken the kids places when Jesse couldn't come, but we haven't really done it together. (wow, that sound really bad...) Jesse's family was going to California and we were able to tag along! It was the girls' first trip in an airplane-a very big deal! They did great and really enjoyed it. California was great, San Francisco, the beach, Monteray Bay Aquarium, the beach, Disneyland, drive up the coast on scenic highway 1 along with spending great time with the Rousset family. It was just a fabulous time!
And now that summer is coming to a close we are starting kindergarten with Gabrielle on Monday! KINDERGARTEN!! Oh my! I can't believe I have a kindergartner! We doing school at home and I'm so excited about being involved in watching her learn and grow into the girl God has made her to be. We are going to have a great first year! Much more to come about that!
We have more excitement coming this year with the arrival of Little One number four! God has blessed us again and we are very happy!
Many things we are looking forward to experiencing this year and I hope to share it with you!
I just have to say, is that not the sweetest picture?!
I'll try to put up more pictures soon!

No comments: