Saturday, March 14, 2009

Ok, I really like this background(Jenna I thought you might, too)!! I hope that no one minds that I keep changing it. There are just so many cute ones out there, I can't really pick one, so I just keep switching them out!

It's pretty quiet here right now so I thought I'd try to post again. And I know I said this one would be clever, but unfortunately I'm not sure it's headed that way!

I want to say Congratulations again to my friend Jessica and her husband Deric who just had their first baby on Wednesday! Sophi is a little dark headed doll! I'm so excited for them. It is just baby season, I guess. I've been to so many baby showers in the last few months than I think I've ever been to! And we just found out my little sister Valerie is expecting. I'm gonna be an aunt!! Technically I am already through Jesse, but I think it's a little different when it's your own sibling. It's going to be hard with her so far away, hopefully my kids will get to know their cousins at least a little, just like they do Jesse's. I always wanted them to be close to their extended family, but everyone keeps moving away!! Someday they'll probably even have cousins overseas somewhere! Good excuse to travel, I suppose!!

Well summer is on the way and I've decided what a better time to start doing some more sewing. Doing little sun dresses for the girls seems to be a good start. They are really into wearing skirts right now. (I love that!!!) Especially Gabrielle. She's so excited for summer to get to "wear skirts everyday?!" I think it'd be fun to let them pick out some of the fabric. I'm also looking for a pattern for a crib skirt for Gideon's bed. Something kind of basic to go with the various sheets he has. I hope I can do it. I'm still fairly new at it all. But I did just learn to do some cute burp cloths so having a new project inspired me. I'm not making Easter dresses this year, didn't do their Christmas ones either. I think I need to slowly work back up to that.

We are also getting ready to repaint the girls bunk beds. I have to decided if we are going to paint them white again or a taupe color they have in their bedspreads. The white make it feel so light, but that can be kind of boring, too. But no matter what, the really need painted. I don't know what my sudden need for all these projects are. I think I'm just ready for spring and it makes me want to accomplish things. Most days I wonder if I actually have gotten anything done!

So now that I've rambled on a while, I can cross this off my list! My one accomplishment for today!

1 comment:

Grant and Jodie said...

you sew? your amazing! i would love to learn. it's such a great talent to have. make sure to post pictures of all your projects.