Friday, March 27, 2009

To Facebook or not to Facebook??

So Jesse signed up for Facebook the other day(yes, we are a bit behind the times!) I've been checking it out and I just have to say that I don't get it!!! How does it work, what's the point? Why not just send an email, use the phone, or write a letter(I know, no one does that anymore!!) I understand that it makes it easy to connect with people you might not otherwise find, but even then how often do you really "talk" to them even on Facebook after you've found them? Is it an ego boost just to see how many "friends" you can get? It drives me crazy, but here's the really sad thing...I'm thinking of signing up anyway!!!! I have a few real friends who are on it and thought I might join just to see if I can get the hang of it because everyone says it's so great. But then I become like all those people who I mock(mock with much love, of course!!). What to do?!? I guess I'm just old fashioned(well, as old fashioned as one can be and yet still have a blog to write on!!) I'm not a big fan of all the advanced technology, but I guess I need to learn to adapt. So all of you Facebookers-keep your eye out, I may join you soon and need lots and lots of help!!

2 comments:

Jessica and Deric MIller said...

I'm glad to hear you are joining the dark side. Some things on facebook I think are lame, but I like sending a quick note to people. So I'll be looking for you!!

Grant and Jodie said...

do it! you should start texting too! it's the best.