Friday, June 19, 2009

Zoo Day

Well ,we survived the week! Jesse comes home tonight!
Six days without a daddy and husband- I thought it was going to be the longest week ever, but we tried to stay somewhat busy and it's gone by pretty quick. (I'm just not used to Jesse being gone. Usually it's the kids and I who have gone somewhere!) I was even able to make it to bed last night the earliest I have all week(I'm planning on taking some Tylenol PM and going to bed around 6 tonight!!)!
Yesterday was our main activity this week, Zoo Day! We live about three hours from the Rio Grande Zoo in Albuquerque and it makes for a perfect day trip.We were even able to get a hold of my Grandma Mick and Jim(who live about the same distance on the other side of Albuquerque) and they met us there. Not too many kids get to go to the zoo with their
great-grandparents! What a treat!

It was a great day. I just loved watching the girls. They had so much energy running from exhibit to exhibit-"look at that Grandma!", "what's that called, Mommy?" "What does he eat?"


My favorite part was watching them in the open grass area(where people picnic and such). They were chasing ducks, little birds, peacocks, and even found a little bunny. They couldn't have been happier! Who cares about the lions, tigers and polar bears? We found ducks!!(I may go on a bit of a picture over load here, but it was too fun to watch them!)


Lyla was always on the run(no big surprise!) They were such good little friends all day, too. That is so good for a mother's heart!

(Yes, Gideon was there, too-I hadn't for gotten him!) His first trip to the zoo! And what little trooper he was. Some other highlights of the day were getting to feed the giraffes,
Watching the elephants splash in the water,

and a train ride through the zoo.
It was fun to be at the zoo, but I mostly enjoyed just enjoying my kids!



2 comments:

Jessica and Deric MIller said...

I love all the pics!! Must I say your kids are too precious. I wish we lived closer (and AZ wasn't so hot!) so we could go to the zoo. I also will say it again, "I LOVE GIDEON'S HAT!!" Did you make it in bed at 6?

Grant and Jodie said...

your kids are so stinkin cute! i love that your an adventurous mom and take your kids on road trips and fun outings! i'm sure they love it.