Wednesday, July 1, 2009

No more poo, please!!

Wow, today has just been one of those days I am wondering if anything I have tried to teach my children has gotten through to them. I wonder if any of it has registered or if we just have good days by chance and then revert to awful off days. (Today being an off day, of course!!) With all the whining, tattling, fit throwing I'm going crazy! Not to mention the poo. Yes, I am so very tired of cleaning poo!!! It seems that is all Gideon does these days and then there is Lyla who we are very very weary of cleaning her messes. For those of you who know her, she is very attached to her blanket and I have now started taking it away every time she does not keep dry panties. Been at it only a few days, but does not seem to be working. Are you kidding!!!!! I had to wash poo out of her swimming suit today! Some may think that I'm expecting too much of her, but as her parents, we really know this is laziness/stubbornness, not truly accidental. Any suggestions? As for Gabrielle, she has been whining constantly today. About everything. All day. When she is "tired". When her "tummy hurts". When "Lyla took that from me". The last straw today was when she had a meltdown because I handed Lyla the blue towel-"the blue one was mine!!". (this was as I was wrapping Lyla in the towel b/c she was naked from me hosing all the poo off!!) You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!! (That didn't seem to stop her, though!) Nap time! And of course then all three of them are upset as I get them all in bed. AAAAAGGHH! But now it's quiet and I must go run a load of laundry because of -yep you guessed it-all the poo!!

1 comment:

pam said...

ok, this cracked me up! i'm sorry you had a rough day like that but it serves as good reading material. seems like you've had several days of attitude lately too. are you sure you don't want to re-think the school issue. you would get a break.