Wednesday, August 26, 2009

She did it! Gabrielle read her first Bob Book yesterday!! We've been working on letters and sounds for awhile now and I got out our Bob Books to see if she could do it, and sure enough she read through it! (for those of you who don't know what the Bob Books are, it is a little series of books that are written in three letter words and short sentences for beginning readers. Each books introduces new letters along with few new "sight words". They are great little tools!) The first reading was really slow, sounding out each letter but she did it entirely on her own. I had her do it again, then a third time when I covered up the pictures to make sure she wasn't relying on them to show her what it should say. I'm pretty excited for her, this is a proud moment whether she realizes it or not! It also encourages me to know that as clueless as I might be on this homeschooling adventure, I've started in the right direction! What a great way to start out her preschool year.
Lyla is really enjoying the idea of sitting down to do school,too. I had to get a workbook just for her because she was really wanting to get into Gabrielle's. She almost went straight through it in one day! I love that the girls love to learn(even if they don't know that's what they are doing!)
Even Gideon is learning new things. He is now pulling himself up on everything!! He also starting clapping the other day! So fun! I can hardly believe that he is almost a year!
Well that's all I can think of for now.
Here's some random pictures of the kids!

Trying out some new goggles in the bathtub

Exploring the river


Look what I can do!

1 comment:

Grant and Jodie said...

yeah for Gabrielle! hopefully i'll get to see you guys when you come next weekend!