Monday, August 31, 2009

Weekend review

Friday evening we took the kids to the park. Gabrielle and Lyla brought their bikes and we went for a nice walk. I've brought Gabrielle there with her bike before but Lyla has never been fast enough before because I'll be going for a real walk so she and Gideon are in the stroller. But since it was just a little family stroll she got to bring hers, too and she was so excited. After a little ride we stopped by the river to watch the ducks and splash around a little And I wondered who was going to end up in the water first. It was Lyla. Fell right back onto her little bum! She was a bit shocked at first but went right back in to play some more!

And as we were at the river a young Mennonite woman came up to me to ask me about my sling I had Gideon in. Now those of you who know me, know that I think the Amish culture is fascinating and I secretly wish I was Amish :) So getting to talk to a Mennonite was as close as I've ever come and I was pretty excited! I know I'm a bit weird. We really had a great time at the park-we don't get the chance to do that as a family nearly enough!!

Saturday was party day-two birthday parties in one day! It was a lot of fun! The kids always have a great time running around with their little friends while Jesse and I get to visit.

Sunday was a great morning of worship. I am really enjoying being back in an adult Sunday school class. It is so good!! Then Jesse's parents came over for a bit. I just now thought of it but, I should have had my camera out -they were all bowling on the Wii. It was great fun and let me tell you-Gabrielle is one great bowler! She just flings that "ball" down the lane and usually ends up with a spare. It's hilarious! After Bud and Kathy left we were able to have some down time before it was back to church. We are starting an AWANA program and it was our registration/kickoff night. We are pretty excited about it!

It was a great weekend and now I am looking forward to taking the kids to Phoenix this weekend to visit some dear friends. I'm so excited!!!!