Friday, August 14, 2009

A bit of a funk

Just thought I'd drop in to let you all know I'm still alive and well! I've been wanting to post for awhile, but have been having trouble coming up with something to say. I think I'm just in a bit of a funk right now. I love my life, my husband, and kids, but right now I'm very lonely and feeling a bit blah. Jesse has been so very busy lately we hardly see him. I'm not complaining about what he's doing, it's all things I support him in doing, but I miss him. I absolutely love being a stay at home mom, I would never change that, but right now I am feeling very lonely for adult friendships. I'm not that much of a people person, but I do long for good friendships. My kids are my comfort zone and can also stretch me to do things I wouldn't ordinarily do. If it weren't for me wanting to make sure they don't become introverts like me, we would be a little hermit family never going out to do social things.
Oh, for crying out loud!! I'm in the process of making cookies and have just about burnt every batch!! That's about how i feel today!
I'm missing my sister Valerie this week. She is going through a rough pregnancy and was just put on bed rest for the next 6 weeks.(they are hoping she'll make it to 6wks) I really wish I could be closer to make things a little easier for her. I want to be there when this little one arrives. I hate not getting to play a bigger sister role right now. We've never really been hang out sister-friends but I am feeling a closer connection to her right now and it's hard to not get to be there with her. Love ya, Valerie!
I'm also feeling pretty blah about really shallow things such as looks and such. I really don't want to go there because it is so meaningless, but let's face it, I am a woman! Who doesn't go there every once in awhile? But I'm not going to take you there with me!
Well, I've got one more batch of cookies to bake, I'd better go keep an eye on them! Next time, I'll try not to let it be a"poor Stephanie" post!

1 comment:

Jessica and Deric MIller said...

I think we all have "blah is me" moments, we just don't always admit them.
I hope your sister is doing well. That has to be so hard with her so far. :(
I'm sure your kids still ate those burnt cookies, made by love, by a great Mommy!! :)