Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Road trip

Home Sweet Home! Last night the kidos and I got back from a little trip to Phoenix. Jesse was off on a Snowblast youth weekend so I packed up everybody and headed for warmer weather. At first I thought I might be crazy taking a trip by myself with a nursing baby, a potty trainee, and an overly helpful big sister, but things actually went very well. I have some extremely good little travelers! For those of you who don't know I have some good friends in Phoenix I try to see fairly often. We stayed with 'Aunt'Jenna and got to see my good friend Jessica, too. The girls had a great time, but Gideon is such a little homebody(just like his mom) that he kind of had a hard time being in a new place with new people.

The weather was beautiful and we got to enjoy being outside a little bit. Oh, and Lyla had a little encounter with a cactus on Sunday. It was just her fingers, but she kept rubbing them not understanding that it only made it worse. Once we got it all out she was fine. I kinda wanted to go back and take her picture by the cactus but figured that might be asking too much!!

It was kinda fun being in town for the Arizona-Philly game on Sunday. You could feel the excitement everywhere and I kinda got into it(Jenna thought I had lost it, I'm sure!)-of course not too outspoken about it as an Eagles fan in the midst of Cardinal country! Even Gabrielle was cheering "go Eagles" when we would pass a tv! Jesse would have been proud! (but he was actually heart broken because the Eagles lost)

Got to do some great shopping, of course!!! That's what going to Phoenix is really all about! Shopping and good food!

We had a great time and now I know I can go places with all three kids, no sweat! (well, that's not completely true, I do get pretty sweaty with them at times! I only have two hands!!) But looking forward to our next trip; California and Daddy's coming too.

Oh and I'm experimenting with new backgrounds. It might take a few before I find one I love!

1 comment:

Jessica and Deric MIller said...

I like this background. :) I'm so glad I got to see you!